Keith S. LONDON
- Education Advisory Committee December 09, 2013 (15:30 - 17:00)
- Marine Advisory Committee December 09, 2013 (19:30 - 21:00)
- Beautification Advisory Board December 10, 2013 (10:00 - 11:30)
- Civil Service Board Meeting December 11, 2013 (10:00 - 12:00)
- Rotary Luncheon December 11, 2013 (12:15 - 13:15)
(Hallandale Beach Meetings) (Education Advisory Committee)
11 members; This committee advises on educational matters and issues of Importance to the Community.
Meets: Cultural Community Center
410 SE 3rd Street
(Hallandale Beach Meetings) (Marine Advisory Committee)
7 members; This committee advises on Marine matters.
Meets: City Hall
400 South Federal Hwy
Police Department - Police Line Up Room
(Hallandale Beach Meetings) (Beautification Board)
7 members. Acts in advisory capacity to the City Commission relative to improved appearance and beautification of the City.
Meets: Department of Public Works
630 NW 2nd Street
Public Works Facility - 2nd Floor
For Additional Information contact the Staff Liaison: Gary Gibson (Superintendent Grounds/Landscaping) and Mary Francis Jeannot (Adminstrative Analyst) (954)457-1600
(Hallandale Beach Meetings) (Civil Service Board Meeting)
Meets: 400 S. Federal Hwy
(Hallandale Beach Meetings) (Rotary Luncheon)
Rotary is an organization of business and professional persons united worldwide who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations and help build goodwill and peace in the world. Locally, our activities include weekly...
Keith S. London NEWS
See All Videos
Biography of Commissioner London
In just a short time on the City Commission, he has accomplished a great deal. He was instrumental in preventing the building of a trash transfer station in the northwest section of Hallandale and he worked diligently to move the meeting time of the City Commission to the evening to allow more citizens to attend meetings. London spearheaded the initiative that brought lightning detection systems to city parks. He initiated the requirement that campaign reporting for all candidates be available on the Internet, a monthly resident forum, and voted to purchase land within the city for parks and open space. He ensures residents of Hallandale Beach receive email notifications of public meetings, developed criteria for signage for development projects and promoted a re-use water program as a green initiative to save the city money.
The past two years, London voted against the budget. He saw wasteful, bloated spending in pet projects benefiting only a favored few in the community. He voted to keep the 2009-2010 millage rate the same as the 2008-2009 rate and lost that battle with rates increasing more than 18 percent.
Born and raised in Philadelphia, London moved with his family to South Florida in 1979. Since becoming a resident of Hallandale Beach in 1992, London has invested much of his energy in the community. In addition to attending City Commission, budget, and other meetings, he regularly volunteers his time to many organizations.
After attending both Miami Dade and Broward Community Colleges, London became a successful businessman in the wholesale provision business. In 2006, London sold his business, rode his bicycle across the United States and returned invigorated to concentrate on his newly found calling of civic duty as a City Commissioner. Today, when he takes a rare break from the issues of Hallandale Beach, you can find him on the ice rink playing hockey or tending to his award-winning garden.
- Elected Vice Chair of Broward County Water Advisory Board - May 2012
- Graduate of the Inaugural Class of The Good Government Initiative October 2011
- Elected Broward County Planning Council - Parks and Open Space -Chairman 2011 - Present
- Appointed Broward County Planning Council - November 2010 - Present
- Appointed to the Water Advisory Board (WAB) August, 2010
- Leadership Broward Class XVI and Member Leadership Broward Class XVI and Member
- Florida Public Officials Design Institute, 2007
- Hallandale Beach Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA), Board of Directors
- Golden Isles Safe Neighborhood District, Board of Directors
- Three Islands Safe Neighborhood District, Board of Directors
- Florida League of Cities, Member
- Broward League of Cities, Board of Directors
- Hallandale Beach Housing, Board of Directors
- Hallandale Symphonic Pops, Cultural Ambassador
- Rules Officer for South Florida Youth Football League (SFYFL) and Hallandale Beach Police Athletic League (PAL)
- Appointed member to the Hallandale Beach Marine Advisory Board
- Hallandale Beach Community Emergency Response Team (C.E.R.T.)
- FBI Citizen’s Academy, Graduate
- Hallandale Beach Citizen’s Police Academy
- Golden Isles Homeowners Association, Board of Directors, 1996-1997
- Published articles and editorials in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel and the Sun Times relative to issues pertaining to the City of Hallandale Beach and its residents
- Produced and hosted “The Keith London Show” a public access cable show, interviewing individuals and political leaders to provide updated information on topics pertaining to the residents of Hallandale Beach
- 4-H Volunteer, Broward County, Judge and Mentor for Student Competitions
- Broward League of Cities – “Replant Broward”
- Gilda’s Club of South Florida Chapter, Volunteer
- Certified Master Gardner – U.S.D.A in conjunction with the University of Florida and the Broward County Agricultural Extension Office
- U.S. Census Volunteer, 2000
- Multiple Sclerosis Bicycle Tour, Volunteer and Participant
- Broward Community College, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Miami-Dade Community College, Miami, Florida
- Broward County Certified Tree Trimmer
- Ice Hockey
- Landscape Design/Environmental Enhancement
- Media and Broadcasting